Monday, November 2, 2009

Raisin Jumbles

This soft, chewy cookie goes great with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee.

My husband is a raisin cookie fanatic. I knew that he would like these little cookies. I left out the nuts and doubled the raisins, making them even better. The recipe suggests sprinkling the baked cookies with powdered sugar. Instead of doing that, I scooped out the cookies using my littlest cookies scoop and then sprinkled the unbaked cookie dough with granulated sugar. Perfect!

Raisin Jumbles

1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup sour cream
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisins
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Cream together margarine or butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and mix until well incorporated. Blend in sour cream.

Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture and mix until well blended. Stir in pecans and raisins.

Drop dough by teaspoonfuls, onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 12-15 minutes. (My cookies were light brown in 10 minutes)

Optional: Sift confectioners' sugar over cookies when cool.

I found this recipe at Annie's Recipes.


I'm entering it in the November Blog Event at Cooking w/Alicia & Annie.

I have a feeling that I will be making these quite for my husband. There couldn't be a more simple cookie out there to make. They will go great packed into lunches, too!

*** UPDATE*** Both, my son and my husband, came home today asking me to make these cookies again real soon. My son even gave some to one of his buddies who said that he really liked them, too!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I wondered about these when I posted them on the site. So glad they were good! I'll be adding new recipes every week, so keep checking! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...