Monday, April 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Cupcakes Covered in Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache


Two words....sinfully delicious!

I love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate in just about any form. I decided to mix them together and then wrap them up in one pretty little package.

Just one bite and you will be hooked!

  
Peanut Butter Cupcakes Covered in Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache

Cupcakes:

1/3 c. butter, room temp
1/3 c. good quality peanut butter
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. milk

Ganache:

1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/3 c. good quality peanut butter
1 tsp. butter
4 -5 tbsp milk

To make cupcakes:

Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in vanilla.

Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour into the peanut butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Beat for 2-3 minutes longer on medium-high, until the batter is light and fluffy.

Bake at 350* for 22 - 24 minutes. Cool completely before dipping the cupcakes into the ganache.

To make ganache:

Melt chocolate and butter together in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave for 30 second intervals until the chocolate chips have melted. Stir in peanut butter. Whisk in milk, 1 tbsp. at a time, until smooth and creamy.  If the ganache starts to harden, stick it back into the microwave for 20 seconds and then stir well.

Dip the top of each cupcake into the ganache. Set on cooling racks to dry.

Store the cupcakes in a sealed container.



Linking up to:
So Sweet Sunday
Cupcake Tuesday 
Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays
Delectable Tuesdays
Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods
Foodie Friday 

7 comments:

Ask Ms Recipe said...

Stopping by from Ask Ms Recipe- Hope you stop by my Marvelous Menu Post so I can visit you back.

Thanks Nina

Anonymous said...

Oh my.... two of my favorite flavors in one cupcake. Love it!

These cupcakes are perfect to share with my So Sweet Sunday linky party, going on now until tomorrow night! Stop by and link up! :)

morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

Tami said...

Thanks for the invite! Will do :)

HoosierHomemade said...

Yum! One of my favorite...PB and Chocolate!
Thanks for joining us on Cupcake Tuesday!
~Liz

Laurie J said...

WOW. I just attempted ganache for the first time this weekend for my daughter's bday cake. I absolutely LOVE peanutbutter....I am your newest follower!
<3

Anonymous said...

I love me some ganache!! This would be perfect for my Foodie Friday linky party - stop by this week and link up!

If you have a sec, feel free to pop over now to enter my GIVEAWAY!

**Bloggy Tip of The Day - Make sure you have an email address associated with your profile to make it easier for people to reply to your comments!! :) **

Anonymous said...

Once again, these look wonderful!! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...